Quilled Ornament Christmas Gift Tag
is an ancient art that was practiced by the Eqyptians who used thin metal strips
to create wonderful works of art. Quilling has since become very popular
due to the extraordinary crafts that can be made so easily and inexpensively.
Using basic quilling techniques, you can create this charming homemade gift tag,
that will add a nice touch to your gifts this year.
If you have any other delightful Christmas paper arts or crafts that you would like to
share, please let us know.
Craft Supplies Needed
- 1- 2.5" x 5" piece of red paper for the gift tag
- Green and White strips of 1/8" quilling paper (you can cut your own with
a paper cutter as long as it is a lightweight paper, and is colored all the
way through with no white edge)
- Slotted quilling needle or hatpin or toothpick
- Glue that dries clear like Scrappy Glue
- The design above was made using only two basic quilling shapes, a heart
and a petal. the heart is created by taking a 4" strip of the quilling
paper and rolling both sides inward (around a toothpick or similar thin
tool) until both paper rolls touch in the middle of the strip of paper.
TIP: slightly wet the end of the paper before beginning to roll it on
the toothpick so it will begin to roll tightly. Release to form
the heart shape.
- For the petal shape, roll a 1.5" strip around the toothpick and then
pinch one end.
- Fold the 2.5" x 5" piece of paper in half to form a perfect square tag.
- Place some glue on a scrap piece of paper in an area about the same size
as the design. Glue the design to the front of the tag as shown above
by taking each piece and dipping it with the tweezers in the glue and
placing it on the card. Place the center part of the design first and
move outward. (Be careful not to move the pieces once they are placed
on the tag, so the glue will not smear.
- You can place a paperback book or a magazine on top of the design to add
some pressure while it dries.
- Feel free to play with the design- there is some art to this craft, and
no two gift tags will look exactly alike.
- Enjoy !
Optional- Punch a hole in the corner of the tag and insert a ribbon to tie
the gift tag to your present.
Do you love creating Christmas crafts and would like to share them?
Send them to us and join our Top Crafters. The best Christmas craft
ideas will be showcased in our Craft Hall of fame